Dental implants are one of the most popular choices for tooth replacement today, and with good reason! Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, and they are one of the most durable and comfortable options available today. If you need a replacement option, you've probably already looked into implants. Here's what you can expect for the process of this treatment if you choose it:
- First, you'll meet with an experienced dentist who can determine whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants. Your dentist will then review your treatment plan with you.
- If you have a tooth that needs to be removed, the first step will be to extract it. In some cases, your dentist may be able to extract your existing tooth, and place the dental implant during the same procedure.
- Once you are ready, your dentist will surgically place your implant. A dental implant is a tapered post made of titanium, which will actually bond to your jawbone.
- After your surgery, you will need to time for the implant to fully heal and fuse to your jaw. This typically takes around six weeks.
- Once your implant has healed completely, your dentist will be able to place a full, custom crown on top of the implant. Once the crown is placed, you'll be able to use your implant like a normal tooth.
Dental implants are becoming more popular when it comes to tooth replacement, and while the procedure can be lengthy, the results are well worth it. Working with an experienced team is the best way to ensure that you have a great experience and a perfect resulting tooth. Whether you are in need of tooth replacement because of severe decay, or because of a cracked or broken tooth, the right dentist will help you get the best treatment for your needs.
If you have questions about the possibility of getting dental implants, contact our office today. We'll be happy to schedule a consultation where our dentist will be able to fully answer all of your questions, and help you get started down the right treatment path. We look forward to helping you get a healthy, happy smile!