Dental implants are one of the most popular tooth replacement options, and with good reason! Implants look and feel like natural teeth, making them are one of the most durable and comfortable options available. If you need to replace missing teeth near Phoenix, AZ, you've probably already looked into implants.
Process for Getting Dental Implants in Phoenix
Here's what you can expect when getting dental implants:
- First, you'll meet with an experienced dentist who can determine whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants. Your dentist will then review your treatment plan with you.
- If you have a tooth that needs to be removed, the first step will be to extract it. In some cases, your dentist may be able to extract your existing tooth, and place the dental implant during the same procedure.
- Once you are ready, your dentist will surgically place your implant. A dental implant is a tapered post made of titanium, which will actually bond to your jawbone.
- After your surgery, you will need to time for the implant to fully heal and fuse to your jaw. This typically takes around six weeks.
- Once your implant has healed completely, your dentist will be able to place a full, custom dental crown on top of the implant. Once the crown is placed, you'll be able to use your implant like a normal tooth.
Dental implants are becoming more popular when it comes to tooth replacement, and while the procedure can be lengthy, the results are well worth it. Working with an experienced team is the best way to ensure that you have a great experience and a perfect resulting tooth. Whether you are in need of tooth replacement because of severe decay, or because of a cracked or broken tooth, the right dentist will help you get the best treatment for your needs.
Contact Dental Care at Moon Valley for a Consultation!
If you have questions about the possibility of getting dental implants, contact our Phoenix dentist office today at (602) 843-6000! We'll be happy to schedule a consultation where our dentist will be able to fully answer all of your questions, and help you get started down the right treatment path.
We look forward to helping you get a healthy, happy smile!
Dental Care at Moon Valley is located at 15640 N 7th Street, Suite A4 in North Phoenix, AZ. We are across the street from the All Saints Lutheran Church at the intersection of E Tierra Burna Lane and 7th Street.