What is the process for getting dental implants?
If you are considering dental implants in Phoenix, AZ, Dr. Chad Hines will explain in detail how the process works and answer all your questions. He will walk you through all the steps, so you know what is involved and what to expect.
This is how it works:
- Dr. Hines uses technology to obtain a 3-D image of your jaw so he can plan the precise placement of your implant.
- He surgically places the implant in your jaw during a procedure at our office. We typically perform placement under local anesthesia, and patients report little if any discomfort.
- Over a period of several months, the implant post heals and fuses with the bone and tissues in your jaw.
- We attach a connector piece to the post called an abutment.
- A restoration like a crown, bridge, or denture will be secured to the abutment.
The healing period is the longest and most crucial part of the process and can take anywhere from three to six months. This may seem like a long time, but our patients who have had implants placed all agree that the wait is well worth it!
If you are thinking about implants and have questions, please call Dental Care at Moon Valley to arrange a consultation with Dr. Hines. He will be glad to evaluate your needs and help you decide if implants are the best tooth replacement for you.