What are the advantages of professional teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a popular treatment for yellowed or discolored teeth because it’s a cost-effective, proven way to brighten your smile. If you’re considering teeth whitening in Phoenix, AZ, you may wonder if you should see a dentist. While drugstore kits are available, there are significant benefits to putting a professional in charge of your smile. Here’s why:
- Predictable, safe results. Dentists use a professional-grade bleaching gel that is customizable for each patient’s needs. The solution lifts stains at safe concentrations.
- Customized to your teeth sensitivity. Along with whitening different types of stains, the professional teeth whitening process can be adjusted for more sensitive teeth.
- High-quality materials. You can continue touch-ups at home with high-quality bleaching trays and gel that you purchase from your dentist.
- Precision-fit bleaching trays. Your bleaching trays are custom-made using impressions of your mouth. As a result, you’ll get a more uniform whitening and keep the gel away from your gums.
- Choice of at-home or in-office teeth whitening. If you’re not comfortable applying the bleaching gel yourself or if you have tough stains, your dentist can perform the teeth whitening for you in about an hour. Likewise, if you prefer the independence of doing it yourself, you can purchase the same high-quality materials and custom-fit trays for home use.