Dental Implants in Phoenix, AZ
When you lose a tooth, deciding on a tooth replacement option may seem overwhelming. If you’ve had a missing tooth for awhile, you already know how much it can affect the quality of your life.
That’s why Dr. Chad Hines offers dental implants in our Dental Care at Moon Valley dentist office. Implants are a state-of-the-art teeth replacement treatment that give you a stable, secure artificial tooth that will last for many years.
If you have questions about dental implants in North Phoenix and would like to discuss replacing a single tooth or an entire arch, call Dental Care at Moon Valley to schedule an implant appointment today! Dr. Hines will discuss all the tooth replacement options with you and help you make the best decision about your treatment.
- Why Should I Replace My Missing Tooth?
- Why Choose a Dental Implant
- The Dental Implant Process
- How Long Does It Take to Get a Dental Implant?
- Would a Dental Implant Work for Me?
- Differences Between a Bridge and a Dental Implant
- Dental Implants Can Help with Multiple Missing Teeth
- How Long Will My Dental Implant Last?
- How Can I Find Out More About Dental Implants in Phoenix, AZ?
Why Should I Replace My Missing Tooth?
You probably already know the cosmetic benefits of replacing a missing tooth. Many people feel like a missing tooth adds years to their appearance, sometimes creating a sunken look in the face due to bone loss.
But there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to tooth loss. When a tooth is missing, the bone in the area begins to reabsorb into the jaw, causing bone loss and gum shrinkage. Other teeth shift into the empty space and may weaken, increasing your risk for tooth decay and possible costly orthodontic work.
Replacing a missing tooth is an investment in your long-term oral health. Dr. Chad Hines can help determine if you’re a good candidate for dental implants in Phoenix, AZ. Call our Moon Valley dental office at (602) 843-6000 to schedule an implant evaluation.
Why Choose Dental Implants
A dental implant is an artificial “root” for your missing tooth that provides a stable foundation and base for a prosthetic tooth (usually a dental crown). The implant stimulates bone growth in your jaw, preventing bone loss and protecting other teeth from shifting.
Here’s why dental implants in Phoenix are the most successful, long-term treatment for replacing a missing tooth:
- Proven over many decades of use, dental implants provide the most natural look and feel of all teeth replacement options.
- Dental implants work well for replacing a single tooth or in conjunction with dentures for replacing multiple missing teeth.
- Since dental implants are not removable, they stay stable and strong in your jawbone, never shifting when you eat or talk.
- You won’t need to replace an implant every few years because it can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Adjacent teeth are not affected, unlike with dental bridges.
Procedure for Dental Implants in Phoenix, AZ
Dental Care at Moon Valley is fully equipped to place dental implants in eligible patients. An expert in implant dentistry, Dr. Chad Hines has specialized training in placing dental implants. In certain cases, we may refer you to one of our top oral surgeons to receive the best care for your situation.
If we decide together that a dental implant is right for you, here’s what you can expect:
- Dr. Hines places a biocompatible titanium post in your jawbone in an outpatient surgical procedure.
- The dental implant will heal and the post will fuse to your jawbone and surrounding tissue. When the implant has fully integrated, Dr. Hines will attach a top piece to the post called an abutment. This piece will connect the post to the final restoration later on.
- In the final appointment, Dr. Hines will attach a dental crown, bridge, or denture to the post, depending on what’s in your treatment plan. The tooth will be fully functioning and look normal, blending seamlessly with your smile.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Dental Implant?
You can expect the entire dental implant process to take three to six months. This allows your jawbone to fuse with the implant post, which occurs after the area heals from surgery. This process involves three steps for the implant post, the abutment, and the final restoration.
Would a Dental Implant Work for Me?
Whether you need to replace a broken tooth or teeth lost to severe dental decay, dental implants in Phoenix, AZ are the treatment of choice for missing teeth.
At your initial dental implant appointment at our North Phoenix dentist office, Dr. Hines will perform a comprehensive dental exam to determine if you’re a good candidate. He will explain all the treatment options with you, taking into account your lifestyle and goals.
When considering whether dental implants would work for you, we like to see these conditions to ensure success:
- Good oral health - While Dr. Hines performs bone grafts for patients who have degenerated bone mass in the jaw, we recommend that you generally have good oral health and excellent oral hygiene habits. Placing a dental implant in an environment with gum disease or severe tooth decay may cause the implant to fail.
- Non-smoker - Studies show that smokers have a higher risk of infection following surgery and decreased blood flow in the area, which slows healing. These factors increase the risk of the implant failing.
- Fully developed jaw - We recommend dental implants only after the jawbone has stopped growing, which is usually in the late teens or early twenties.
- Can commit to the dental implant process - Since it takes several months to complete the artificial tooth process, it’s important to know that dental implants aren’t a “quick fix.”
We will discuss all the treatment options with you to determine if you’re a good fit for implants. No matter how many teeth you need to replace, call Dental Care at Moon Valley to schedule a dental exam today.
Dental Bridges vs. Dental Implants in 85022
Dental bridges and implants are both treatments to replace teeth, but in very different ways.
A dental bridge sits on top of the gum to fill the empty space where the tooth used to be. A bridge leverages adjacent teeth for stability, which means we must alter otherwise healthy teeth to prepare them for dental crowns. Another disadvantage of a bridge is that it won’t prevent bone loss like a dental implant.
In contrast, dental implants replace the tooth’s root, not just the crown. Placed in the jawbone, a dental implant is more secure than a bridge. An implant also stimulates bone growth in the jaw, which is healthier for your other teeth and better for your appearance long term.
Since a bridge involves three parts - two dental crowns and the middle artificial tooth - it requires more frequent replacements. A dental implant’s top restoration (typically a crown) will need replacing periodically, but a well-cared for implant will last for many years.
Restore Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
If you’re missing an entire arch of teeth or currently have dentures, Dr. Hines can evaluate you for implant-supported dentures.
Traditional dentures provide a good solution for many people, but they can move around if they don’t fit correctly. Dental implants anchor dentures in place, making implant-supported dentures much more stable and comfortable.
If you already have dentures, Dr. Hines will check to see if we can adapt them to work with dental implants. Then he will place four to six dental implants in your mouth to secure the dentures. Your implant-supported dentures will stay in place, eliminating embarrassing movements when eating or talking.
How Long Will My Dental Implant Last?
One of the main benefits of dental implants in Phoenix, AZ is that they are a long-term treatment to replace missing teeth. If you are diligent about brushing and flossing your teeth consistently, you implant can last for more than 20 years or even a lifetime.
While a dental implant cannot decay, the gums around the restoration can still accumulate bacteria like your natural teeth. Since gum disease can be present without symptoms, be sure to schedule twice-yearly exams and dental cleanings in Phoenix, AZ with Dr. Chad Hines!
Contact Our Phoenix Dentist Office Today for More Information!
If you’re concerned about a broken or damaged tooth, just had teeth extracted, or already have a missing tooth, it’s time to upgrade your smile!
Dr. Chad Hines and our experienced dental staff would love to talk to you about dental implants or our other tooth replacement treatments. Give Dental Care at Moon Valley a call to schedule an appointment for dental implants in Phoenix, AZ today!